Showcase Pages

Saturday 2 June 2012

Printing, Pints and Promotions

I have been having such a busy couple of weeks.  Its so hard to find time to do everything isnt it? My husband came home one evening last week to mashed potatoes and gravy for his supper, in my defence there were sausages and vegetables too, but the children had been helping themselves everytime they passed his plate.  Bless him tho, he took one look and said 'Oh well, at least its not pasta and pesto'.  The other quick and very regular meal in our house.  This weekend is the Jubilee in England, its to celebrate the Queen being on the throne for 60 years. The Country has been leading up to this weekend for weeks and weeks and its all very infectious. I remember the Jubilee in 1977, I was VERY (very very very) young at the time and it is one of my first memories, such fun!

My little postcard pillows have been well received and I have been promoting like mad.  I spend more time in front of a computer than I do a sewing machine.  I have had two orders to America (in the last 24 hours) which I am delighted about, the thought of my little pillows going all that way to be treasured is lovely.  The USA is also one of my most fav places in the world, and I have travelled a bit.  The Grand Canyon, in my humble opinion, is the most spectacular wonder I have ever seen, more so than the Pyramids and Niagra Falls.  Its a memory I will hold dear forever.  Oh and then there was San Fransisco - I loved this city.  The houses were gorgeous, the bridge, the seals and of course Alcatraz.  I could go on and on and on but I wont bore you!  In fact the tshirt I were to bed I brought on Alcatraz.

I made this as well, unfortunately had to completely change the one I did for myself as it was rather a lot of information about myself and my family to splat all over the internet.  Ive also redone the website (yes again) http://www.thesewingcroft.co.uk/ im hoping the quality of the photographs is much much better now.



As the weather has been so wonderful I have had 3 trips to the pub in a very short space of time, I took son walking in the woods with a friends boy and we ended up coming out right were the pub was ;-)  Last friday we met some friends and their 3 children for a drink.  We seemed to clear a circular perimeter fairly quickly, think it may have been the random children crying, baby crying, arguing or stropping, adults bickering,  adults telling children off, oh and all hell breaking loose when one child fell into stinging nettles, and another decided to try and get on someones dog as a horse, I decided there was no other option but to just laugh and laugh, not at the poor child in the nettles of course! more at other patrons faces as they watched us most disapprovingly.

A couple of days ago son was very naughty so on the way home in the car I was telling him how cross I was and that he wasnt having his big green apple (he is addicted to apples). He then crossed his arms and said 'I know what your going to say next' so I asked him what 'your going to tell me I have to go to my bedroom', yes I was! When we got home I sent him upstairs and after about 10 mins I went to check on him, he had gone to bed!! Woke up at 12.15pm shouted 'can I come down now' and then asked if it was lunchtime. So much for a punishment! 

Just one last make to show you for the 4th July celebrations in America...


www.etsy.com/shops/thesewingcroft
Love Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment